For those families who still have ads they're working on... don't delay, but you have until October 3rd to turn in all forms, artwork & payments. If you've been thinking about contacting a local business that you know but haven't done it, go ahead and call on them! You still have time!
Please contact Kim Shepard at if you have any questions.
In most parts of Canada and North America, morning training sessions before school have always been a tradition. This is where players could start their day off with private instructions to help take their hockey training to the next level.
We are excited to announce that “Morning Power Skating and Skills Training” with Ryan McGinnis & Marc Voit will now be available here at Germain. 60 minutes of intense instruction with experts specializing in the craft!!
***Morning Power Skating and Skills Clinic***
Come train with 2 top Professionals
***EVERY FRI 6:15-7:15AM***
1st SESSION STARTS SEPTEMBER 19TH
***AVAILABILITY IS LIMITED***
12 SKATERS ONLY --2 GOALIES
***EVERY 6 SESSIONS -- $295***
Former Draft Pick of LA Kings - Played professional Hockey in AHL, ECHL
Contact Coach Ryan directly at :/ call 810-444-3650
Former Professional Triathlete with Team USA
Power Skating Instructor running Camps and Clinics throughout North America
Trinity-Pawling Prep School Parent /Player Meeting Sept 22 @ 6pm
Trinity-Pawling Prep School Coming to Visit
Parents and Players,
We would like to invite you to come and learn about Prep School Hockey and the Trinity-Pawling School Sept 22nd at 6:00pm in the Armadillo room at Germain Arena. During this time admissions coordinator Bill Casson will discuss with players and parents the advantages of prep school hockey, academics and the overall development environment. The meeting will be open to all families to attend and learn. We urge any interested family to attend and come ready to learn about the exciting opportunities.
Thank you to all of our Jr. Everblades families who are doing such a great job connecting with our community and selling ads for our program book, dasher boards, and the website! Your support and the support of our local businesses is greatly appreciated! The deadline for all renewal ads from last season was July, 31st. If you have contacted businesses that you sold ads to last season and are waiting on the completion of paperwork or payment, please contact Kim Shepard ASAP at
to let her know the status. Final deadline for ALL ads new or renewed is Sunday, 9/7/14.
Save the Dates: Organizational, Team & Individual Photos will be taken during the dates of 9/8 - 9/12. Specific schedule information will be posted soon.
The Junior Everblades proudly announce Delaney and Mixon as coaching staff for U16 AA
The Junior Everblades Hockey organization is proud to announce Mike Delaney as the newest hire to be the U16 AA Head Coach. Mike will be partnered with all-star standout FGCU Defensemen & Coach Kevin Mixon as his assistant coach. The tandem will be one of the finest in the state, both men hold a true passion for coaching and enjoy developing young talent. Delaney has a rich history in hockey he is a certified Level 4 USA Hockey Coach and grew up playing youth and high school hockey in Tewksbury, Ma. He also attended Worcester State College where he played collegiately. He was named captain two of his four years and was named Worcester College Athlete of the Year in 1999 as well as MASCAC First Team All Conference. After his playing career Mike would go on to give back to youth players through his coaching with Tewksbury Youth Hockey as well as Billerica Memorial High School. Mike possesses well over 13 years developing and coaching hockey. Mike is very familiar with Florida Hockey, as he has coached in both the Junior Everblades organization as well as the Tampa Bay Jr. Lightning. We are excited to announce Mike Delaney as the new head coach of the Junior Everblades U16 AA.
Mike will be joined by his assistant coach Kevin Mixon Kevin. Kevin is a recent graduate of FGCU and a member of the their 2012 National Championship team. He was named to the All Regional 1st team, All National 1st team, Southeast regional 2nd team, and selected to the National select team to compete against European professional teams. Upon arrival to FGCU, he spent his 3 years prior playing Junior hockey all across the country at many different levels. Kevin was born and raised in Fort Myers and has experienced tons of life experiences through hockey. The Junior Everblades organization cannot be anymore pleased with the quality of these two highly qualified and well thought of coaches. We are looking forward to a great season ahead and wish both of these men all the very best in welcoming them. Please take the time and welcome Mike and Kevin back to ourJunior Everblades family.
The Junior Everblades would also like to congratulate and wish Pete Flores all the very best with his newly appointed position as Assistant Coach with the Ogden Mustangs of the WSHL. Pete has been instrumental in developing talent in SWFL. He has dedicated many years to the Junior Everblades organization and has done an excellent job with developing talent at all age levels. We are very excited to see Pete join the Mustangs with former Jr. Blades Associate Coach Jake Laime. We feel he will be an excellent fit in Utah with the Ogden Mustangs of the WSHL and wish he and Jake all the very best in capturing a Thorne Cup Championship. Good luck Pete!
Want to help your organization AND earn money towards your player(s) team fees?!
If you answered YES, then check out our Ad Program! It's a win-win for you and our local businesses.
Our ad program is as easy as contacting local businesses and securing their support by advertising in our program book, on dasher boards, or our website! Their business information reaches thousands of Everblades fans & Junior Everblades families and YOU receive 50% of the ad sale fee back to you!
***Please note: All families who sold ads last season will have until July 31st to obtain renewal on those ads. After that date, any ads not renewed will be released to any individual who wishes to contact them in effort to obtain their continued support.
Final deadline for ALL ads will be September, 7th 2014. We cannot accept late ad requests or late payments.
Congratulations to Junior Everblades Bantam Selections
The Junior Everblades would like to congratulate the following players on being named to the Junior Everblades Bantam AA and A teams. This year we are looking forward to a great group at the Bantam level. We have an experienced group of coaches that are sure to develop this age group. We are extremely excited to see the skill level and play and are looking forward to a great season ahead.
Congratulations to Junior Everblades Squirt Selections
The Junior Everblades would like to congratulate the following players on being named to the Junior Everblades Squirt AA and A teams. "The try-outs were fast paced and the talent depth was at its strongest in the organization. We believe strongly we are building exceptional young talent at this age level" stated Hockey Director Tad O'Had. We are really looking forward to a great season ahead. Congratulations to all the selected skaters.
The Junior Everblades would like to congratulate the following players on being named to the Junior Everblades U-16 AA & U-16 A. "We had a very competitive try-out and feel the make-up of both teams are very strong. We are looking forward to a successful season ahead." - Tad O'Had - Hockey Director
We had a spectacular day at Stoneybrook Golf Club yesterday for our annual fund raising golf tournament! Thank you to everyone that was able to participate in some way, shape or form. We had 76 golfers, 10 volunteers and 26 sponsors that helped to make the day a success. The following list are the sponsors that helped make the day a great success as well as the winners of the event:
4 Person Scramble Winners
1st Place – Chris Collins, Tom Ciavarella, Keith Anderson, Joe Jesse
2nd Place – Ryan Brindley, Ernie Hartlieb, Hank Hartlieb, Josh Onyschuck
3rd Place – Kevin Read, Chris Zeo, Dave Urness, Tom Eiden
Closest To The Pin Winners
Hole #5 – Dave Urness
Hole #7 – Keith Anderson
Hole #14 – Kevin Read
Hole #17 – Ron Tennant
Longest Drive Winner – Hollianne Hobson
Longest Made Putt Winner – Keith Chazin
Athletic Republic – Tad O’Had
Chef Chris Mark
Chef Michael Strickland
Dance City Productions
FootJoy Golf – Scott VanDam
Germain Arena Pro Shop – Bill MacKay
Grey Oaks Country Club – Karl Bublitz
Gulf Shore Hockey Plus
LaPlaya Golf Club – Scott Richardson
Louis Venne Photography
Lutgert Smith Lescher Insurance
Marc Oates Attorney At Law
Miromar Lakes Golf Club – Ken McMaster
Morgan Stanley – Tom Kahl
Naples Wine Bar – Colin Estrem
Party City Rentals – Ken Crooker
Pelican Lawn & Landscaping – Ryan Brindley
Pulte Homes Preserve at Corkscrew – Steven Palmer
Ryan Brindley Hockey Development
Seafood Dynamics – Rich Cahoon
Stoneybrook Golf Club – Jeff Nixon
Titleist Golf – Steve Taylor
WCI Properties – Bob Radunz
Winner’s Award Group – Lou Chiera
Thanks again to everyone for helping make it such a big success!
Jr Everblades Name Ryan Brindley PeeWee AA Head Coach
Brindley to Lead PeeWee AA Junior Everblades
The Junior Everblades are proud to announce Ryan Brindley as the head coach for the Pee-Wee AA team for the upcoming season. "Ryan is one of the finest coaches in our organization and state we feel that he is an excellent fit for these young-men to continue to advance their hockey careers. He runs a very tight knit practice and puts the players development first. We feel that with his tutelage these young-men will grow as athletes and people. We couldn't be more excited about this selection." stated Tad O'Had.
Ryan was born and raised in Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada. He has an extensive history in hockey including the following:
Played 9 years of professional hockey in the IHL, AHL and ECHL
Former Captain of the Florida Everblades, an ECHL team
Ryan has over 15 years coaching experience and has been running his own hockey camps and clinics for over 10 years. He has coached the Jr. Everblades to five consecutive SAHOF / LEAGUE Championships 2010-2014.
Ryan played hockey for the Miami University in Ohio and is where he graduated with a B.S. in Physical Education.
Ryan resides in Estero, FL, with his wife, Rochelle, and four children.
The Junior Everblades would like to congratulate the following players on being named to the Junior Everblades Mite Select program. "As an organization we couldn't be anymore pleased with the talented young players we saw at try-outs. This group will have some of the best coaching and development in the state and we all look forward to seeing their progress." Stated Hockey Director Tad O'Had. The program will be a hybrid of in-house REC and Full fledged travel this combination will provide the players the best of development, practice and game play. The "JEB Mite Select" Program will provide the following:
(23) Total number of practices/ approximately 55 hrs of ice
Skills development & working scrimmages
(24) games within 5- 6 Jamborees in-state of Florida
Games are 30 minute cross-ice games
approx. (4) games a day played
Germain Rec In-House Hockey program games/practices
Customized reversible Junior Everblades jerseys & socks included
Consistent with USA Hockey guidelines, the Junior Everblades strongly encourages players to play in the correct division for their age. In certain limited circumstances, however, JEB Board of Directors (BOD) and Hockey Director (HD) may permit a player in his/her age division to play up to the next higher age division. Requests to play up will be granted only when that is in the best interest of both the player and the Association as a whole.
When a player will be allowed to play up:
The Association will consider granting a request to play up only when the Board of Directors and Hockey Director, in consultation with the coaches in the player’s age division and the next higher age division, conclude that a player has the skills and other qualities required to succeed in a higher age division. If the Board of Directors, Hockey Director and coaches believe a player should not play up, the player will not play up. Even if the coaches believe a player has the skills and other qualities required to succeed in a higher age division, the BOD and HD might not approve the play up request. The BOD & HD will grant play up requests only if all of the other factors the Association considers in evaluating play up requests also support allowing the player to play up. Those other factors include:
1. Whether allowing the player to play up positively impacts their development as a hockey player. It must be undeniable that allowing the player to play up is the best thing for the player’s maturation and development process as a hockey player. This will be discussed with coaches, directors and hockey specialists. The player must be an exceptional talent and must standout from the norms.
2. Whether allowing a player to play up positively or negatively affects the Association's ability to form teams or second teams at either affected age level.
3. Whether allowing a player to play up afford more players overall the opportunity to play travel hockey in the Association.
4.Whether allowing a player to play up would involve the player taking the position of an age-appropriate player who would then be left with no position on an Association team. Playing up will not be allowed in that circumstance.
As stated in the bylaws and rules the Board of Directors and Hockey Director will make the final decision allowing or not allowing a player to be rostered in a higher age division after consulting with the coaches in the affected age divisions, subject to Board approval. Those decisions will be final, and are not subject to appeal or other reconsideration.
The process for requesting permission to play up
To implement these guidelines in a manner that is fair to each family and player in the Association, the following specific rules and deadlines will apply:
1. Parents who want the Association to consider allowing their child to play up must submit a written request to the JEB Hockey Director at least 10 days before the first designated tryout date for the division the player wants to move up to. The submission of this request does not mean a player will be allowed to play at the higher age level or even that he/she will be allowed to attend a tryout for a higher age division. The written request simply notifies the Association that a particular player wants to be considered for the higher age division.
Play up requests must include a signed copy of the Junior Everblades Risk Acknowledgement and Liability Waiver form, acknowledging the risks associated with playing outside of a participant’s age classification. This form may be obtained from the website.
2. The JEB Hockey Director, in consultation with the coaches in the affected age divisions, will evaluate each request under the guidelines described above, subject to Board approval. The Hockey Director will notify parents who have submitted a written play up request whether the Association has decide to allow or not to allow particular players to try out at a higher age division. Allowing a player to come to a tryout for a higher age division does not mean that the player will make a team in that division, only that the player is being given the opportunity to be evaluated along with other players who attend the tryouts.
3. In some years, the Association could conclude as tryouts approach that the number of players anticipated to attend tryouts may not be sufficient to form the number of teams the Association hopes to form in some divisions. If that happens, the JEB BOD and HD, in consultation with the coaches in the affected age divisions, may determine that the best interests of the Association would be served by inviting second year players from one age division to attend one or more of the tryouts in the next higher age division. The BOD and HD will notify the parents of those players as soon as possible if that decision is made.
Rules that apply when a player is allowed to play up:
If the Junior Everblades allow a player to play up in a particular year, the following rules will apply to that player:
1. The BOD and Hockey Director reserve the right to reverse a decision allowing a participant to play-up at any time up to December 15 based on the recommendations of the coaches involved, subject to Board and HD approval. If a player that has moved up is experiencing difficulty at the higher age level, as determined by the coaches and Hockey Director, the player may be moved back to his or her age-appropriate division. This will allow the registrar time to complete the necessary changes on the rosters prior to the December 31 deadline.
2. If the Association allows a player to move to the next higher age division, the player must forfeit their number if a player is already using that number on the team at that higher age level.
3. If the Association allows a player to move to the next higher age division, the participant is responsible for all costs associated with playing at the next higher age division.
4. If the Association allows a player to move to play at the next higher age division, the decision is valid only for that season.
For more information and to submit your request please contact Tad O’Had